Four feared killed as kidnappers attack soldiers in Ondo

No fewer than four suspected kidnappers were feared killed when men of the Nigerian Army attacked them along Owo-Ifon Expressway, Ondo State on Friday. The soldiers who were said to be on patrol along the expressway reportedly rammed into the kidnappers who had barricaded the road while attempting to abduct some travellers. It was gathered that the hoodlums had already kidnapped some victims when the soldiers got to the scene. A source said, “On sighting the soldiers, the hoodlums opened fire on them and the soldiers responded and killed four of the hoodlums while four of the soldiers were also wounded. “The gun duel lasted for almost an hour but the kidnappers left the victims and ran into the forest while the injured soldiers were taken to the Federal Medical Centre, Owo.” When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Tee-Leo Ikoro, confirmed the incident and said men of the Command were already in the forest in search of the bandits. “Our men have combed the forest while investigation has begun into the incident. About four soldiers were wounded in the attack,” Ikoro stated. The spokesman for the 32 Artillery Brigade of the Nigerian Army, Captain Ayorinde Omojokun, when contacted on the telephone, promised to call back our correspondent but had not done so as of the time of filing this report

Author: pattommy3@gmail.com